Getting a tattoo is exciting, but it can also be scary. You want to make sure you find the right artist for your style.
Tattoo artists are everywhere, so how do you know which one is the best? How do you find someone who will understand your vision and create an amazing piece of art that fits into your budget?
This guide contains 6 simple steps to finding a good tattoo artist in any city or country. It includes information about what makes a great tattoo artist, as well as tips on how to narrow down your options and choose the perfect person for you!
What To Look For When Choosing Your Tattoo Artist
When choosing your tattoo artist, there are a lot of things to consider. For instance, how much experience do they have? What kind of art do they specialize in?
The most important thing you should be looking for is how well the artist listens to you. You want someone who understands your needs without being told how to create your tattoo.
You should also take how easy they are to communicate with into consideration. Are they responsive and quick to answer any questions you might have?
One of the most important things to consider is how much they charge. Make sure you take into consideration both how long it will take for them to create your tattoo and how much their hourly rate is before choosing someone.
Last but not least, you have to ask yourself what tattoo you should get and how does their style fit with your vision? You don't want to work with someone who's artwork is way different from the look you're going for. Finding a good artist can be difficult, but if you do your research and ask enough questions, you should be able to find someone who meets all your criteria!
6 Tips To Find The Best Tattoo Artist For You
- Get referrals from people you know - Ask around with people you know. See if they know any tattoo artist that does a good job and ask for their number! A lot of the time when referrals come in, it's because someone has gotten a tattoo before. Chances are some of your friends will be happy to give you recommendations on local artists. Make sure these recommendations come from people whose opinions you respect how they heard about their tattoo artists will often give you a good idea how well they work. This is how I found my artist, and I was very happy with how it turned out!
- Search Google for a tattoo artist near you - With a quick Google search, you can see tattoo artists near you. This will give you a good idea how well they do and how many people get tattoos from them. If there's several, make sure to check how long they've been in the industry and how much experience they have. You can then narrow down your results by looking at their portfolios or previous works! I recommend searching for artists on Instagram, as this is how most tattoo artists show off their work. This way you can see examples of what kind of work they specialize in and if it appeals to you!
Check Tattoo Shops in your area - drive around your neighborhood and see how many tattoo shops there are. If you find that there's only one shop in the area, then they're probably one of the biggest places that locals go to for tattoos. You can stop by and ask how long they've been around if you want to know how experienced they are. You can also check some of their previous work! If there's more than one shop, then go ahead and check how long they've been in business. You can also visit their website to see how long they have been around!
- Look on Instagram for a tattoo artist near you - Tattoo artists often use social media platforms such as Instagram to show off their work. Many tattoo artist use social media platforms as their marketing tools. This way you can view how well their work is. You can also check how many likes their photos receive to check how well they are doing at promoting themselves!
- Look at how much tattooing experience they have - You would want to work with someone how has a lot of experience. The more experience they have, the better their work will be! You can check how long they've been tattooing by viewing how long they've had their Instagram account for. They should also be able to work well under pressure and quickly produce certain images.
- Look online for reviews - Though you should try not to rely too heavily on these, reviews are an important part of choosing your artist! Try googling "tattoo review [city here]" or "tattoo studio review + location" and see how well these places do. If they have a lot of bad reviews, then maybe you should look elsewhere for your artist!
By following these helpful tips, you'll be able to find a tattoo artist that fits your needs. Not everyone can do the same style of tattooing well so remember that just because someone did a great job on their friend does not guarantee they'll do the same for you! Experience and how well they handle pressure are very important when choosing a tattoo artist. With enough experience, they can quickly produce different styles of tattoos that fit your vision.
Tips On How To Narrow Down Your Options And Choose The Perfect Tattoo Artist For You
- Patience - most good artists are booked out for months or even a year or more. This is typically your best indication based on the demand of the artist. And these artists are usually worth waiting for. Remember, tattoos are permanent.
- Good artists are going to cost more. Period. If their demand & art justify their price, and you can afford it - be willing to pay more. BUT, don't pay beyond what the artist should be charging based on the stage of their art & careers. In other words, if the cost of said artist is NOT justified by their demand & art - negotiate or go elsewhere.
- Remember, trust your gut and don't settle with an artist who doesn't seem right for you. It's better not to get a tattoo than to get one done by someone who makes you feel uncomfortable or doubts their ability!
Once you've found a few great candidates, start by picking out the ones whose art best fits your ideas. If there are artists whose styles seem similar, but one is more advanced than the other, go for that person. Also consider how available they are; how long will it take them to respond? What are their prices like?
It's also good to ask yourself how comfortable you feel around each of them. Do they answer all your questions thoroughly and in a timely manner? Do you get the feeling that they are authentic in their answers?
If an artist takes too long to answer, or doesn't seem to know how to do your style of tattooing, don't be afraid to go with someone else! Remember how important it is for them to match your personality. If there isn't a good "vibe" then there probably won't be a good outcome.
A really great way to pick out artists is through word of mouth. Ask friends and family if they have a recommendation for somewhere near you - Your best bet would be going with one who comes highly recommended from someone that you trust. This way there's no risk involved! Of course you can ask on Facebook, Instagram or Google as well!
Creating a tattoo is an important decision and it's one that should be made with care. The artist you choose will not only create something beautiful, they'll also help to make your ideas come alive in the most perfect way possible.
Take some time before making this big decision; how do you feel about the person behind the counter? Do their tattoos seem well-done or are they sloppy? How long do they take to respond? Have any of your friends had work done by them before - how did it turn out for them? If all these questions lead up to "yes" then congratulations! You've found yourself a great tattoo artist. But if there's even just one question where you answer "no," don't settle on someone who doesn't seem right for you. It's better to be safe than sorry!
And if you've already decided on who you want to work with and want a pain free tattoo experience, Painless Tattoo has the best tattoo numbing cream for you. Once applied to your skin, our pain cream will numb the area of your choice so that you don't have to worry about any unnecessary tattoo pain! Our numbing cream is made with ingredients that are 100% safe to use on your skin. You can check our homepage to see reviews from our happy customers!